Saturday, July 07, 2007

The sad story of the Wine

Reached Bangalore safe. Struggled with excess luggage.10kgs extra. Heathrow airport was filled with things I threw from my bags.

Called Anoop to Mumbai Airport and took 500Rs for the Cab in Bangalore, expecting Anoop to call and tell everyone this and pull my legs stating “a beggar has come from England” (in fact the exchange counter was closed in Mumbai and I had only pounds with me)

Went home last weekend. Amma is sick.Still she made all my favorite curries. Surprisingly emotional Grandma tasted wine that I got. She is the only person who told that the taste was awesome. The French one. Two more were there. An Australian one and one from South Africa. But I didn't show Her.

My Grandma showed primary symptoms of Liver damage a few years ago.She never drank though. But consumed more than an alcoholic. How??Raman Nair who works in our ancestral Ayurveda medical manufacturing unit had made her liver bad by giving Aristas(Ayurveda tonics) of her choice everyday.She used to finish bottles for different reasons she found herself-Self doctored ones. She did this from her childhood for her father and grandfather were Vaidyas.Her husband also being a Doctor she thought she has full rights of being a doctor herself and consume any medicine that she liked.

Now nobody gives her any Aristas.But i gave a small sample of the Wine.She tasted it.Suddenly it came “it tastes like Dashamoolam".Those eyes looked at me.I could read something there...

Sad I couldn't give her more.Those hands which treated me a lot.Those coins for chocolates and those new dresses for school...She was always good to me,but...



3 comments:

Life Rocks!!! said...

Hi...Thought I would find some random facts about you ! You are tagged! Refer to http://lifesimplyrocks.blogspot.com/2007/07/tagged.html for more details

kammommy said...

I love wine and your grandmother;-)

kammommy said...

the fat woman is laughin....