Sunday, April 15, 2007

4 days,27 Years.

12 April 2006
Rajkumar passes away in Bangalore .I had some critical projects with my then client Colgate Palmolive. I was working hard to complete it. Suddenly Bangalore comes to a halt. All people gets home by afternoon. I had to stay back at office. I had already taken holiday on 13th so that I don't miss Vishu.Never expected a tragedy that day. I never thought that I'm not going to come back that day. Misses train. Stays back at office. People attack the offices opposite to my building on the Commiserate road. We switch off our lights and works. Finally managers decide to take all the remaining people to the main office in Magrath road. But no Cabs available. Finally by midnight gets some cabs and gets security protection to the other office. I saw a disastrous Bangalore.While we were going, I could see one motor bike driver being beaten up in M.G.Road.People were running around mad. Finally reacheds office safe.

13 April 2006
Completes my work by 3am.Horrible day. Already missed my train the previous day. I had no hope. My greatest dream at that point was to reach at least my house in Jayanagar.Company had arranged a hotel near M.G. road, but I said no. I knew if I reach Jayanagar would have some chances of going home because there were other 3 people who also wanted the same.
4am
I wait restlessly and tired in the reception. Travel coordinator asks every cab to give me a drop. No one agrees. Nobody can blame them, they were afraid. Finally seeing my plight one nice person agrees to drop me at Jayanagar 9th Block. Mean while my roomie Majith who had similar situation calls and says that there was one train at 6.30 to Coimbtore.He says that he was going to the railway station and his company has arranged a cab for him.
My Tata sumo went through the Roads which was almost emptied after a violent day.Small pieces of glasses spread everywhere; of the vehicles which were attacked during the previous afternoon and evenining.Really horrifying.
Manjith was waiting for me at the Railway station and I was going somewhere else. Now I wanted to ask the driver to drop me in the Railway station. I slowly started off saying that I wanted to take my bag from home and go to Railway station. He kept silent. Finally I asked him directly to drop me at the station. He bluntly said ‘no’. I was really upset. What to do? I said that’s fine and we were almost reaching my place,Manjith calls me. I talk to him in Malayalam, I tell him that I won’t be able to make and tell him to carry on.
Kishna plays suddenly after I keep the phone. Driver says that he will drop me at the station .Sudden intuition for him. I run to my home and take the bag already set the previous day. He drops me at the station taking a big risk, going to Majestic. I thanked him a lot.
2.30 pm
We reach Coimbatore station. So relieved, leaving a tensed Bangalore and the joy of reaching home for Vishu.The whole of kerala was in Coimbatore that day it seems. No bus. Will I reach before Vishu kani?,question was disturbing
Finally we get a Bus. But it was only till Eranakulam. Manjith was relieved as his house was in Perumbavoor.
We reach Ankamali by 8 pm and I had to wait for another bus again. Finally reaches home by midnight to sleep for some time and see the Kani.I was happy so was Amma.

14 April 1980
Amma couldn’t even breathe properly as her stomach was full, carrying me. I was fighting hard to come out soon. She was anxious. The wait was too much for her.12 years her after marriage.

15 April 2007
No chance of goin home.Amma misses her son.What to do.

Enjoy that’s all
2 am Kani.10 am Mr.Kutty Arrives. 1pm Payasam.10pm Newly Married BoBo & Tubes Arrives.later...Awesome dinner & Unlimited night of unlimited love stories.

3 comments:

Life Rocks!!! said...

One minute...was it your birthday?? And moreover I too was stuck in that misery last year..Even tho i didn't know that actor I cursed him then!!

Jayashankar said...

No no.It is coming up!!Whole UK celebration.

Jayashankar said...

No no.It is coming up!!Whole UK celebration.